Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Importance of Television

My parents were so strict about me being "normal" that they made me watch three hours of TV before I could start my math homework.

I kept telling them that knowing about TV shows wasn't that useful in daily life, but my Dad would say, "When opportunity knocks, you damn well better be able to sing the theme from Gilligan's Island."

In the end, I'm glad they insisted. Now, at work I can intelligently discuss the differences between The Honeymooners and The Flintstones with my boss. I'm expecting a raise next year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paulo said...

I have these cousins whose dad we always thought was crazy. He homeschooled his kids, and their curriculum consisted mostly of watching pre-recorded tapings of Jeopardy. We thought they were getting a terrible education, but then they all got accepted to MIT.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Little known fact; for the first three seasons of Jeopardy the host was none-other-than Sean Connery. But he was dropped from the show because the network was recieving too many complaints about how his eyebrows are too dark for a man covered in white hair.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home