Friday, September 01, 2006

Experimental Elevator

I know this because my cousin works for the elevator company. There is an express elevator in Chicago that is actually an experimental teleporter. It has two identical elevator cabs: one on the lobby floor and the other on the 21st floor.

You don't realize it but you actually teleport to the other cab as soon as the doors close. But because they don't want anyone to know it's a teleporter, they make you wait while the light goes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7... all the way up to 21. But there's a special key that skips the effect, that they give to the fire department. My cousin had a copy of that key, but he lost it.

The building owners save a ton of money each year on power costs, and so far they've only lost one lower court judge who beamed somewhere they don't know where.

1 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I knew it! I just knew it!

Alls I have to do is show this post to my ex wife and she will come back to me, and maybe stop being a lesbian.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home