Friday, October 13, 2006

Sewer Vegetables

My grandmother's intestinal apple tree reminds me about some people I know who harvest all their produce from a sewer that runs by their house. There are a few places where the sunlight comes in from drainage openings, which in combination with the extremely fertile compost in the sewer creates the perfect condition for broccoli, cabbage, corn and many other foods. Big Agribusiness doesn't want you to know about this because it would undercut their profits. That's why they introduced E-coli in the lettuce, to put people off of the idea.

4 Comments:

Blogger The dykes next door said...

I just found this blog and I love it! Congratulations! You deserve some sort of award for this. I'm going to nominate this blog for the Blogwrite Foundation Award. They give out awards for blogs, and there is a $25,000 award. It's sort of like a Pulitzer Prize, but for blogs. If you haven't heard of it, that's because the foundation that runs it wants to keep it a secret, so they won't be deluged by people wanting $25,000. I'm sure that your blog will win. (I am a friend of the person who hands out the prizes, but don't tell anybody, because it's a secret.)

12:52 AM  
Blogger LeoBro said...

Don't worry, we won't tell. When we win, we'll give you a big secret kickback.

And a bag of vegetables.

11:12 AM  
Blogger The dykes next door said...

Do you guys mind if I put a link to this site on my blog? I want to be associated with a Blogwrite Foundation Award winning blog. Maybe if I do that, I will win next year.

11:30 PM  
Blogger LeoBro said...

This blog already has several billion readers (99.999999% are lurkers), so the addition of millions of readers from your blog might overwhelm the servers. But go for it.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home