Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Toy Litter Box

Tyco is releasing a toy litter box, for kids. It's similar in principal to the baby dolls they sell that mess their own diaper and have to be changed.

This one works like those self cleaning litter boxes, but the opposite, in that it slowly fills itself with fake cat feces over the course of weeks. The fake feces is a substance similar to play dough, and the fake cat litter is made of plastic shavings.

It is intended to give kids the opportunity to experience pet ownership without the actual hassle and expense of owning a real cat. It will debut for the upcoming holiday shopping season and will include a mangy looking stuffed cat. The MSRP will be $49.99. Simulated cat feces refill cartridges will cost $8.99 and last around a week.

Although the product hasn't even been released yet Tyco is expecting it to be so successful they're already starting design work on a system to deposit fake dog turds on a lawn. Prototypes include a robotic dog, like the opposite of a roomba, which will just kind of randomly leave its base station and drop product every 8 hours.

3 Comments:

Blogger LeoBro said...

Off topic, but for several years now I have been subtly dyeing my hair gray. It makes me look more distinguished.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Paulo said...

I've been doing something similar, Leo, for the same reason. I've been slowly shaving more and more of my head, a little more each time I shave, in a pattern beginning on the crown of my head. People tell me it makes me look older.

12:30 PM  
Blogger LeoBro said...

Wow, read the comments by "JohnStClair" on this science page:
http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/26992/

He leaves us in the dust truth-wise.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home