Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Rogue Brain

I was in a motorcycle accident once and my doctor said that a small part of my brain was still alive but neurologically cut off from the rest of my brain. It's like there's this part of my brain that is still thinking but I don't know about it.

After the accident, I couldn't remember my last birthday party. I think my rogue brain remembers that party. I hope it was a good party, for my rogue brain's sake. There's probably a bunch of other stuff that my rogue brain remembers that I don't, and vice versa.

Sometimes when I'm asleep I hear a voice that sounds like me screaming "Let me out of here!"

Does anyone know how to communicate with a rogue brain?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lew said...

My grandpa had a rouge brain from a war injury. It actually was able to control him when he was asleep. One night he went outside and started sniping at "nazis" until the police showed up, and then started sniping at them, believing them to be the gestapo. It was a bloodbath until they captured him, and then they started giving him medication so the rogue brain couldn't control him anymore, which worked perfectly until he saw a nazi sign, so we had the cable company block the history channel.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Kent said...

Never heard of a rogue brain before. Very interesting. I have, however, created my own "rogue tongue". This happened when I bit off a corner of my tongue when I tried to eat a frozen chunk of toffee.

I found that if I put the chunk of tongue in a jar, and used a medicine dropper to feed it nutrients and vitamins, I could keep it alive in the jar.

Nowdays, anytime I'm asked to try some sort of food that looks particularly nasty, I put a bite of it in the jar and let my "rogue tongue" try it first. If it shrinks away from the food, I know I won't like it. If it looks like it's trying to lick it, I know I'll probably like it. The only thing my attached tongue and rogue tongue still disagree on is toffee. Other than that, it's like having my own personal taste tester.

Except for the initial pain, I think everyone should have a rogue tongue.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home